Prefabricated units is the key to constructing a building at such a fast speed
Our current situation with coronavirus is that we don’t have enough beds or quarantine rooms available for single patients or for a full family that has been diagnosed with having coronavirus.
Create Quarantine man camps across the country. These units can be installed anywhere—they don’t require a foundation and can be outfitted with solar panels and a back-up generator, water filtration system, and we can customize them to fit any required equipment, including medical equipment.
One of the biggest advantages of these containers is the speed with which they can be fabricated. In our 27,000 square-foot warehouse, we can produce anywhere from 180 to 300 units per month. It takes 50 days after the purchase order has been made to start delivering 6-10 units daily.
We can provide a quick, affordable and effective solution with the temporary housing portion of the program. We fabricate these units utilizing decommissioned marine shipping containers (ISO 2000) that provide 320-square foot units for families and 160-square foot units for individuals (40’ L x 8’ W x 9’6” H). The 320-square foot family units feature a full bathroom, full kitchen and 2 bedrooms; or in the same space, two 160-square foot units can be built for individuals. These units include a full bathroom, food prep area and storage space, and a queen bed.
- Walls and ceiling are covered with a commercial, antimicrobial, food grade, watertight sealed, FRP Panel as well as floor drains. This allows for each unit to be pressure washed (after the mattress is removed) if needed for the next tenant.
- Floor is covered with a heavy-duty, non-slip epoxy.
- Full bathrooms with toilet, shower, storage cabinet and medicine cabinet.
- LED lights throughout the unit, USB plugs for electronics, energy efficient A/C and heater unit as well as a closed cell foam insulation for a value of R40 in walls and roof to keep operating cost at a minimum.
- Easy hookup to municipal utilities for minimum impact on lot and easy relocation.
- Opportunity to expand vertically even after units are in use, with minimum intrusion and cost to set up (a plug and play Lego approach).
- Appliances are included: full kitchen, full-size fridge, washer and dryer combo for the family units; microwave, cooktop and minifridge for the single person units.
Rethink the Way Construction is Done
Disruptive Construction’s goal is to rethink the way construction is done by making it more affordable and reusing materials, while at the same time increasing the life of the building. Maintaining an eco-conscious approach is vital to our mission, and we strive to minimize our impact on the environment with each project we take on.
- Minority Owned Business
Primary NAICS: 236116 * New Multifamily Housing Construction (except For-Sale Builders)
Secondary NAICS: 33231, 236220, 624221, 624230
We strongly believe in the power of reducing our carbon footprint in our world. We provide our clients with Green Construction options like Eco-Friendly Container Construction Homes and Custom Furniture out of re-purposed materials to maximize space and functionality.
© 2020 Disruptive Construction All rights reserved