Fast-Affordable Temporary Housing Solution to people who are in the desperate situation of being without a home
Bahamas Strong House
Our design Bahamas Strong House for Disaster Recovery includes technology that makes our model highly energy efficient, low maintenance & durable. Safely made of steel shipping containers, these units are fully furnished with appliances and furniture, ready to be a comfortable livable environment immediately.
We want to provide a solution to reduce the costs of building new housing.
The technology the units are equipped with, allows them to be quickly integrated into existing infrastructure using homeowners’ municipal services for ease and convenience.
Incorporated Water Filtration System
We have incorporated a water filtration system with an ultra violet filtration to combat pathogens that may exist in municipal water supply due to over burden treatment facilities, with technology that sets it apart from other forms of temporary housing for those who have been affected by disaster.
We can also provide solar panel system for out of grid functionality, rain catchment water system, hook up for easy connection to septic tank or rv park type hook up, all of our units meet or exceed municipal building codes and are approved by FEMA.
Fast-Affordable Temporary Housing Solution to people afflicted by hurricanes or other types of disasters and are in the desperate situation of being without a home.
With our product they can move in the same day that the house arrives and albeit the small footprint, it provides everything a family could require this being a safe haven where they can sleep, cook, bath, wash their clothes and store their belongings.
Disruptive Construction’s goal is to rethink the way construction is done by making it more affordable and reusing materials, while at the same time increasing the life of the building. Maintaining an eco-conscious approach is vital to our mission, and we strive to minimize our impact on the environment with each project we take on.
- Walls and ceiling are covered with a commercial, antimicrobial, food grade, watertight sealed, FRP Panel as well as floor drains. This allows for each unit to be pressure washed (after the mattress is removed) if needed for the next tenant.
- Floor is covered with a heavy-duty, non-slip epoxy.
- Full bathrooms with toilet, shower, storage cabinet and medicine cabinet.
- LED lights throughout the unit, USB plugs for electronics, energy efficient A/C and heater unit as well as a closed cell foam insulation for a value of R40 in walls and roof to keep operating cost at a minimum.
- Easy hookup to municipal utilities for minimum impact on lot and easy relocation.
- Opportunity to expand vertically even after units are in use, with minimum intrusion and cost to set up (a plug and play Lego approach).
- Appliances are included: full kitchen, full-size fridge, washer and dryer combo for the family units; microwave, cooktop and minifridge for the single person units.
We can provide a quick, affordable and effective solution with the temporary house that can be anchored to a solid concrete foundation where a previous house was built, on piers elevated to keep water from get in low elevation sites or attached to each other up to 4 stories high bolted together to provide a more secure hurricane proof dwelling. We fabricate these units utilizing decommissioned marine shipping containers (ISO 2000) that provide 320-square foot units for families and 160-square foot units for individuals (40’ L x 8’ W x 9’6” H). The 320-square foot family units feature a full bathroom, full kitchen and 2 bedrooms; or in the same space, two 160-square foot units can be built for individuals. These units include a full bathroom, food prep area and storage space, and a queen bed.
– Leslie Williamson. Business Developer
“Their work was impecable, precise and very clean. In an industry that can be frustraiting to work with, it was a pleasure to work with Disruptive Construction and their team. I can’t recommend them enough! Hire them!”
– Anita Tran. Business Developer
“I am 100% satisfied with Disruptive Construction and would recommend them to anyone considering any type of upgrade or new construction.”
– Fred Moody. CEO
- Minority Owned Business
Primary NAICS: 236116 * New Multifamily Housing Construction (except For-Sale Builders)
Secondary NAICS: 33231, 236220, 624221, 624230
We strongly believe in the power of reducing our carbon footprint in our world. We provide our clients with Green Construction options like Eco-Friendly Container Construction Homes and Custom Furniture out of re-purposed materials to maximize space and functionality.
© 2020 Disruptive Construction All rights reserved