Prefabricated units is the key to constructing a building at such a fast speed
The Current Solution
The New Solution
One of the biggest advantages of these containers is the speed with which they can be fabricated. In our 27,000 square-foot warehouse, we can produce anywhere from 180 to 300 units per month. It takes 50 days after the purchase order has been made to start delivering 6-10 units daily.
We have two design options depending on need: one unit with two separate rooms for two patients or one unit for a full family of 4-5.
These units can be stacked two to three stories high to use less space; a 40-by-40-foot area (1600 square feet) can fit 10 patients if one story is built, or 30 if three stories are built with stacked containers.
The city of Wuhan in China completed a makeshift emergency hospital to treat patients infected with the coronavirus using shipping containers. The emergency medical facility is made up of two floors and has several isolation wards and 30 intensive care units. It can hold up to 1,000 patients.
Business Insider spoke to a construction expert, who said that using prefabricated units is the key to constructing a building at such a fast speed.
- Walls and ceiling are covered with a commercial, antimicrobial, food grade, watertight sealed, FRP Panel as well as floor drains. This allows for each unit to be pressure washed (after the mattress is removed) if needed for the next tenant.
- Floor is covered with a heavy-duty, non-slip epoxy.
- Full bathrooms with toilet, shower, storage cabinet and medicine cabinet.
- LED lights throughout the unit, USB plugs for electronics, energy efficient A/C and heater unit as well as a closed cell foam insulation for a value of R40 in walls and roof to keep operating cost at a minimum.
- Easy hookup to municipal utilities for minimum impact on lot and easy relocation.
Opportunity to expand vertically even after units are in use, with minimum intrusion and cost to set up (a plug and play Lego approach).
- Minority Owned Business
Primary NAICS: 236116 * New Multifamily Housing Construction (except For-Sale Builders)
Secondary NAICS: 33231, 236220, 624221, 624230
We strongly believe in the power of reducing our carbon footprint in our world. We provide our clients with Green Construction options like Eco-Friendly Container Construction Homes and Custom Furniture out of re-purposed materials to maximize space and functionality.
CONTACT DISRUPTIVE CONSTRUCTION
© 2020 Disruptive Construction All rights reserved